Monthly Salary: $6,073 ‐ $7,383
Sonoma County is a wonderful place to live, work, and play! We welcome applicants to join us in developing cooperative working relationships with the community and other regulatory agencies to protect public health and promote sound environmental practices.
The County of Sonoma Department of Health Services is seeking an experienced candidate to fill a Senior Environmental Health Specialist position in the Environmental Health & Safety Section of the Public Health Division. This position is responsible for coordinating community events, providing training, and facilitating the implementation of process and program improvements throughout the Environmental Health programs.
WHAT SONOMA COUNTY EMPLOYMENT OFFERS
In addition to the training, opportunities for advancement, variety of work, camaraderie, and generous starting pay, you can look forward to some excellent benefits*, including:
- A cash allowance of approximately $600/month for full-time staff;
- Additional 3% salary increase for a Cost of Living benefit effective March 14, 2017;
- An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance up to $850;
- Eligibility for a 5% salary increase after 1040 hours (6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a 5% salary increase every year thereafter for good work performance, until reaching the top of the salary range;
- Competitive vacation and sick leave accruals, and 11 paid holidays per year;
- Defined benefit plan fully integrated with Social Security; and
- County contribution to a Health Reimbursement Arrangement to help fund postretirement employee health insurance/benefits.
*Benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice.
Please note: This job class requires current possession of a valid certificate of registration as an Environmental Health Specialist as required by the State of California's Health and Safety Code.
Qualification for this position normally include graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in environmental health science, biology, chemistry, physics, microbiology, or related subjects, as required by state law, AND two years of working level professional experience in the field of environmental health and safety regulation and enforcement (e.g. working as a Registered Environmental Health Specialist, a Registered Sanitarian, an Environmental Sanitarian, a Public Health Sanitarian, a Certified Environmental Health Professional, or as an equivalently recognized professional). One year of experience working in the environmental health and safety field in California is required.
Apply Now! For complete position details and to apply online, visit us at www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org, or call HR at (707 )565-8059. EOE