Monthly Salary: $7,219 - $8,776
The County of Sonoma Department of Health Services seeks an experienced environmental health professional for a new full-time position in the Public Health Division.Overseeing the Medical Cannabis Program (and other programs as needed), the Environmental Health Manager position works closely with the Health Officer and Environmental Health Section Manager to implement the Medical Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act in Sonoma County.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Progressive, responsive, and a confident manager who has demonstrated strong and proven problem solving, customer service, and leadership skills
- An innovative and creative problem solver who can identify forward thinking courses of action
- Familiar with environmental health practices, statutes, regulations, and monitoring methods
- An experienced manager with the ability to coach and support staff in the development of both technical and interpersonal skills
- Capable of ensuring that regulatory responsibilities and standardized practices are met
- Experienced working with new legislation, ordinances, rules, and regulations
- A leader in program/project development
- Experienced in analyzing costs, fees, and other fiscal matters
Please visit: http://sonomacounty.ca.gov/CAO/Cannabis for more information about the proposed Medical Cannabis Program.
Qualifications for this position normally include graduation from an accredited college or university with major work in health science, public health, natural science, physical science, environmental science, or a related field, and three years of advanced working level professional experience in the field of environmental health and safety regulation and enforcement (e.g. working as a Registered Environmental Health Specialist, a Registered Sanitarian, an Environmental Sanitarian, a Public Health Sanitarian, a Certified Environmental Health Professional, or as an equivalently recognized professional ). A Master's degree in Public Health, Health Science, or Public Administration is highly desirable.
Apply Now! This recruitment is open continuously and may close at any time without notice. Applications received after the recruitment closes will not be accepted. To view the complete position details and apply online, visit us at www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or phone HR at 707-565-8059. EOE